To Induce or Not Induce? That is the Question
Well, I am 40 weeks and I just got back from my latest appointment. All the measurements were the same. The heart rate was 148, so that and the scale were the only numbers to change. The doctor was going to set me up to be induced Monday night. However, when I asked the reason, the only one he could give at this point was that most women just want to be induced by the time they are a week late. I do have the option of waiting another week before ultimately doing it. If I choose that, I will have another doctor appointment on Monday. I will then have an ultrasound and stress test on Tuesday. I am leaning towards waiting it out at the moment. Obviously if something doesn't appear "normal" on Monday, then I won't wait the extra week.
Other than that, I have been keeping busy. On Monday I went to the movies with Tyler and Alek, yesterday I went to Peddlers Village, and today went out for a spicy Mexican lunch with my mom. We are hoping the walking and/or the spicy food will do the trick. Otherwise, we have a few other tricks to try.

9 Comments:
To not induce, that is the answer...for now...
I think a nice ride down a Nebraska country road would be good. You could go to the Spring game Saturday!!!! Your mom is right about the mexican food and a piece of wedding cake doesn't hurt either. Hang in there. Aunt Barb
I say hold out! I was a little late with David and what got me going was I was just dozing off one night and got a phone call and it startled me into labor!
Well so much for the full moon theory. I will continue to try the long walks and spicy food. A piece of wedding cake and a startling phone call are new to me, so I'll see if I could work those in.
My instinct was always Easter Sunday and I am sticking to it...And if I am correct, then all this worrying about inducing or not wouldn't matter after all. He/She will have already arrived !!! I am praying for an easy delivery Shan. Remember, you have special people in big places watching over you!! xoxo
IN CASE YOU ARE READING THIS THIS MORNING, SHANNON IS AT THE HOSPITAL!!! SHE IS 7 CENTIMETERS DILATED. MY DAD CALLED ME AT 5:13 THIS MORNING TO SAY SHE WAS THERE, SO NOW MY MOM & I ARE ON OUR WAY, TOO! WE'LL CALL TODAY TO LET YOU KNOW THE INFO! GIVE HER YOUR PRAYERS TODAY!
New update...though I believe many of you have been called...Shannon gave birth to a beautiful (and I mean BEAUTIFUL) 9 lb. 2 oz., 22-inch baby girl at 5:04 p.m. today, April 17th!!! They've named her Jenna Grace DeMarco...a BEAUTIFUL name for a BEAUTIFUL though hefty baby girl. I just can't wait to get back to the hospital tomorrow. I'm going to be on pins and needles all day at work just thinking about it! Thank you, Jenna Grace, for coming into this world while I was still on my spring break so that I could be there to witness your arrival. I was there for the whole thing, and it was the most beautiful and disgusting thing I have ever seen in my life. A miracle it is, and a miracle baby Jenna is. Shannon and Mike are naturally wonderful parents, and Shannon did an incredible job delivering her daughter into the world. Shannon, did I ever tell you you're my hero? :-)
CONGRATULATIONS MIKE AND SHANNON!!!
Jenna Grace is a very lucky girl to have such wonderful parents and such awesome GRANDPARENTS. Her Aunts and Uncles are the best too. (Her Auntie Barb and Cousinettes from Nebraska aren't bad either!!!!) God Bless All of you and enjoy every minute with her. Love Auntie Barb (Can't wait to see pictures!!)
I am crying too as I read the messages. Happy Birthday Jenna!! I knew it was going to be a girl. I am sure Shannon and Michael will be great parents - they have lots of books don't they? Love you all and congratulations.
Post a Comment
<< Home