And the sex is...
First off, I would like to thank everyone for the beautiful shower yesterday. It was so nice to see everyone! Thank you so much for the many, many gifts. They have been keeping Mike and I very busy!
Now that many or all of you have seen me in person, I was wondering what everyone's gut feeling was on the baby's gender. I myself am playing the odds and guessing a boy. There have been so many people that I know having girls recently that I am convinced I am having a boy. What does everyone else think?
Also, if you would like to take a guess on the date and weight, please feel free to do so.

5 Comments:
Shannon.... I COULD NOT DISAGREE WITH YOU MORE.... I have never felt so strongly about the sex of a baby before. I definitely think you are having a girl. However, I don't think I have ever been right before. I am just going on what my gut tells me. It has nothing to do with the way you look. "They" say women don't look pretty when they are having a girl, but you still look pretty!!! So if you do believe in what "they" say.. it's a boy!!!
Once Baby D is here, whether it's a boy or girl, you won't be able to imagine having the other. Boy or Girl, they just always fit perfectly !!!
xoxo Jennie
I have to agree with Jennie, It's a girl! Since, unfortunately, I hadn't seen you since Christmas I thought the way you look had changed so much! Of course, you are still beautiful butI also feel strongly about it. (Won't we feel like fools if it's a boy!)
I always like to be different. I was with Jamie, and when everyone said, "boy," I was the only one saying, "it's a girl." I was the only one who was wrong.
So, this time, while everyone else is saying girl (which I hope it is...I want a niece so badly!), I am the only one (other than Shannon) saying, "boy." Hopefully, this time, again, I will the be the only one who is wrong.
PS--Don't listen to all that, "well, if it's gender a, you carry all up front" or "if it's gender b you carry all around." All of that type of stuff is just hogwash--old wive's tales that are never true!!! The only one who knows what it is is God and that radiologist chica at Doylestown hospital who told us she knew for certain what it was. Maybe I should contact her...
My dream the other night was a girl, though "they say" it's the opposite then. I agree with Michaelyn, you can't tell by how you look, I looked the same for all four, BIG! I always felt Jamie was having a boy and this time I am thinking girl but the fact that the boys name is the issue tells me that is what it will be...all said and done we will know real soon and be thrilled! I did think Aunt Mickey's idea was the funniest I heard yet, squeeze a drop of milk (or whatever comes out) and drop it into a glass of water. If it spreads out it's a girl, if it drops to the bottom it's a boy! She got it from my grandmother and said it's worked everytime. Have fun trying and let us know if it's true.
Didn't realize you had asked about date and weight, too! I guess I should read more closely (just as I teach my students to do!) Anyway, I'm guessing you won't be late. I think it'll be over spring break b/c somebody up there loves me and wants you to have it when I'm on break and can be there! So, I'm thinking that you'll stick to you 4/11 due date pretty closely...My guess is 4/8 or 4/9 will be the day (more so for Mike since he's hoping it'll be a weekend so he won't have to rush to the hospital from work).I'm also thinking it'll be an 8 pounder. 8 lb. something oz. Very definite guesses, huh?
Anyway, can't wait to see my sister's first child. It'll need a punishment right away for all the beating up of you it's doing from in there...
Post a Comment
<< Home