Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Moving In the Right Direction

I just came back from my latest doctor appointment. The baby's head is still down, which is good. It still needs to drop a little lower. I am 1 centimeter dilated and 50% effaced. All that my doctor would say was that I was headed in the right direction. As most of you know, I could stay this way for a little bit, especially in a first pregnancy.

3 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THIS IS ALL GROSS!! I don't want to hear about dialating and whatever else goes on. More reason why pregnancy does not belong on the internet. Nobody goes, "Awwwww... Look at the fetus." The baby will be cute after he is out of that gooey place and after he is cleaned off and a little less pink.

Oh, and what the hell does efface mean? I looked it up. It says, "To rub or wipe clean; erase." I am so confused! How does that have anything to do with pregnancy??? Webster is definately leaving an alternate definition out and I have a feeling I thank him for it.

 
At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shan, yes you are almost there but not quite yet which I think your kids and coworkers will be happy about, esp. Tyler. Matt, you are too old fashioned, pregnancy is no longer "in the closet" and for the mom readers this all makes sense, so stay on the nursery page, though I do agree they are a lot cuter "cleaned off" as you put it so stay out of delivery rooms!

 
At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt, you crack me up!!! As an English teacher, I find it terribly funny thinking of you looking up efface, finding that def., and being confused! You're right...Webster is leaving out a definition.
Anyhow, can't wait to meet my lil' niece or nephew. Jenna, Anthony, Joshua or Kyle, can't wait to meet ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home