Wednesday, April 05, 2006

And The Fun Continues

Well, I just got back from my doctor appointment and to sum it up... nothing has changed. Or as my dad put it, I am in a holding pattern (for all those airplane fanatics). In a way this is good because I am battling a nasty head cold. However, I am doing much better than the last couple of days, so in another day or two the baby is more than welcome to come. In fact it would be much appreciated because the doctor said the baby is about or little over 8 pounds now. Since it will continue gaining weight, anytime would be great. His comment after the weight estimate and I quote, "I hope you are a good pusher." Well, needless to say I do too.

9 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger Janet said...

The doctor actually used the words "I hope you are a good pusher?" Yikes. Doesn't he know this is your first child!?

Maybe you'll be like me. I was over 8 pounds too, but I refused to come out...I just made them come in after me.:)

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am afraid those were his exact words. Nice, huh? What do you say to that? I just said, "I do too!"
I had a feeling the doctors were suspecting a larger baby because last week the doctor I saw asked me many questions about the size of babies in my family. I was over 8 pounds too and my mom got me out, so here's hoping.
Well, I am due the 11th and there is a full moon the 13th so a few people think it could be next week.

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree...how do you say that to a woman not far from giving birth?!?! Obviously, the doctor was male b/c no female in her right mind would have as little tact. :-)

 
At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no way of telling Shann. You will probably take right after your mom. If she delivered Matt, you will do just fine. Michael was 8lb 9oz and it only took 4 pushes. It was a great delivery, and he was my first. Besides,nanny will be watching over you...it's going to be just fine. I'm waiting for the call... xo

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger shannon said...

Thank you Jennie. I love hearing comforting stories like that. I told the doctor about my mom too, which is also is comforting. She is tinier than me and she managed to deliver an eight and half, nine an a half and ten and a half pounder.

 
At 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I feel famous!!! But truth be known many other women got 9 and 10 pounders out too but Jennie is so right, Nanny will help you out I am sure and I think you will deliver fast as she never liked to watch anyone suffer! She also banked on the full moon so I think you have a few more days, though I am still hoping for the 9th, I can just picture them now, her and Grandpa battling it out!(and we know who always won so you have another week yet!)

 
At 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh oh, I am anonymous again and I know I signed off. I'll get this figured out by the time the baby comes for sure. I hope! Maybe that's what the baby can call me, anonymous,nah too hard!

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the due date is here...

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger shannon said...

And the baby is not :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home