Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Baby Jenna is Here!!!

Hello everyone! This is Aunt Michaelyn standing in for Shannon and Mike as they are in the hospital until tomorrow. For those who don't know (though I think most of you, if not all of you, do) Shannon delivered a beautiful baby girl last night at 5:04 p.m. They've named her Jenna Grace, and she weighed in at 9 lbs. 2 oz. and is 22 inches in length. I've included some pics I took of her today at the hospital (I forgot my camera yesterday!!!) So, ENJOY your first (or for some, second or third...) look at Jenna Grace DeMarco!!!

PS--Some were asking who she looks like, and we decided she looks a lot like Mike. She seems to have Shannon's nose but Mike's bone structure and eyes. He's Daddy's little girl for sure!!! Mike, I'm truly looking into those pink Eagles outfits, and Shannon, not to worry--I'll make sure she has Rangers apparel as well!





10 Comments:

At 6:27 AM, Blogger Janet said...

It's funny, because as soon as I saw the first (of what was to be many) pictures of Jenna, I immediately turned to my parents and said "She has Mike's eyes." They laughed at me because they said she's just a baby and you can't tell yet, but I knew differently.

Regardless of whose eyes, ears or nose she has...she is one beautiful (and big) baby! Congratulations again!:)

 
At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree (obviously). I thought at first that you couldn't tell who she looked like b/c she's only a baby, but then Mike held his own newborn pic next to hers & you could see it...they were nearly twins.
I also noticed a typo (I'm so embarrassed!) The post should say, "SHE'S Daddy'l little girl...", not "He's". Yikes. It was late...that's all I can say.

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Jenna is a beautiful baby. You two will be wonderful parents. We are happy to have one more great grandchild to love.
Our love to the three of you,
Grandma & Grandpa Stanbro

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike and Shannon,
You have a beautiful daughter!!! What a blessing she is to your family. I can't wait to hear what Andrew thinks when he sees her. Family get togethers will be extra special, I am sure. God Bless you and Jenna. I love her name. Auntie Barb

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job Michaelyn on updating and posting pics. You're a great godmother!! Well they are all home as of today, YEAH!! Jenna was all wide eyed taking in everything and looking all around. Oh, she is slightly jaundiced so she was sent home looking like a little glow worm. She has a lighted belt that wraps around her chest to her bellybutton and will need to stay on 24 hrs till she is checked by the nurse tomorrow. She may need another day of it if her bilirubin count isn't down enough. Problem here is, I think we could end up with another sun worshiper like her mommy. Shannon spent 3 days under an ultraviolet light for jaundice when she was born as well and has never stopped tanning since!!!... Needless to say I am thrilled to death with my new grandaughter and she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Shannon I am so proud of you, you did a great job and Mike, your coaching was superb!! We are all going to have so much fun with Jenna Grace (I love saying her whole name! How perfect, I am so blessed with the two most beautiful grandchildren in the world. Thank you guys! Love Mom

 
At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Shannon & Mike... You guys do nice work !!! She is so, so beautiful. I can't believe how alert "Jenna Grace" looks in the pictures I have seen. I am so happy for you both. You are going to make wonderful parents. Thank you to Aunt Michaelyn for all the updates... And Aunt Jen, your post just made me cry... thanks...
xoxo to all of you. I can't wait to meet "Jenna Grace"

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just had to comment...Mom, you hit the nail on the head. Your "glow worm" comparison was perfect!!! As soon as I read that, I thought I couldn't have put it better! The "light belt" goes under her clothes, so she has the blue glow coming from her clothes. It's hysterical! Anyway, thanks to everyone for posting comments...I'm constantly checking and it's so fun to read.
Also, Mom, I agree w/ you. Shannon is such a natural mother (though I would've bet my money on that since she was always a second mother to me!) Jenna and Shannon fit each other like a glove and Shannon is just so naturally good with her. I told my mother yesterday how amazingly well both Shannon and Mike were doing their first day home...it's like they've had her for months already. I'm very impressed and now only hope I will one day be as good.
I've seen Jenna Grace every day since Monday, and now I can't wait to see her again! I said I wouldn't stop by today, but I just can't resist. I'm addicted.

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a quick update on Jenna Grace....the nurse came today and Jenna will need to "glow" at least another day as her count went up a little but that is "normal", it has to peak before going down, maybe tomorrow?? Having been through this almost 30 yrs. ago it all makes sense but still I can't wait till that "thing" is off her. She is a trooper though, she seems so "okay" with all of this (though taking the blood out of her foot I think is where she draws the line.) I am praying hard tonight that her count is down tomorrow. Grandmom D is with them tonight...as I left Jenna tonight looking awful comfy in her arms, the nurse will be back tomorrow to prick her foot again (ouch!) so everyone pray that there will be no need for another one after that. Michaelyn is so right, Shan and Mike are doing an awesome job, there teamwork is just awesome. They really balance each other well. Mike does like to read up on everything (just the guy thing to do!) to understand everything that is happening to his daughter. Shan, you were so strong holding Jenna today while that drill sargeant poked and poked at the heal of her foot, worrying that she thought it was you doing it to her as she was staring at your face, your first "dirty" job of being a mom but don't worry your love will shine through to her. Oh,I could go on and on but I have two boys upstairs that are killing each other at this moment and I think I need to go referee or better yet scream at them!...thank you everyone for all your love and support!

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger shannon said...

Hi everyone! I want to thank everyone for the beautiful messages. Each one brings tears to my eyes (unfortunately I am not kidding, it must be the hormones). I just wanted everyone to know, I will have an update and new pictures up today. Right now I need to go mentally prepare for the visit with the nurse. It breaks me heart to see Jenna get so upset.

 
At 6:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shan and Mike did their first night alone with Jenna last night and did great! Before I left, Mike was worried that Jenna was sleeping too much as she had pretty much slept all day, I said don't worry she'll make up for it! Sure enough Shan said that she was wide awake from 10 p.m. till 2 a.m.,(she made daddy very happy) but of course as new parents they didn't get restful sleep after she went back to sleep but they will get there soon I know. Jenna is such a good baby besides beautiful, she is so strong as well, picking her head and neck up, turning it side to side and when you put her on her belly she pushes one leg as if she is trying to roll herself over! Do I sound a little proud!! She absolutely loves her body massages especially her scalp, I think she will like her hair played with like her mommy as she grows. Okay I can go on and on but I need to do a few things so I get back over there later. Mike is back to work tomorrow and Shan wants him to get a good nights sleep so I will keep Jenna company again tonight,(oh the trials of being a grandmother!!!) Jenna has her first dr. appt this a.m. at 10 to check her count again, pray that it has gone down or at least not higher. Thanks Shannon, Mike and esp. Jenna for such a great week!! Love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home