Bottle Battle





As many of you know, I have been breast feeding Jenna. I have to say, it has been going really well. However, we have recently been faced with a related problem. We are having a difficult time with Jenna taking the bottle. This causes great concern for her parents, especially me. You see it is not beccause we are worried for her health or anything like that, but it is for a more selfish reason...her parents, and again especially mom, need some freedom. You see, if Jenna does not take a bottle then any free time that I can get is not possible, and the many anxious babysitters we have are limited in their babysitting duty.
There has been some encouraging news. After changing bottle brands, Jenna has taken two bottles. Still those feedings have not been easy. We still had to fight her on it for a bit before she took it.
OK, enough about my daughter's feeding difficulties, I have included some Christening photos (which I think is the real reason people visit the site).

7 Comments:
I wish I had some advice on the bottle thing but obviously, I would have no idea what I was talking about.:(
The good news is she is definitely a beautiful baby. Just keep reminding yourself that when she insists on crying and fussing.
Hope your birthday was good!:)
No prob! I'll take pics of her anytime! Shan, I'm glad you included the closeup of her face as she is semi-grinning. That's one of my faves. Let me know when you want more pics, and I'll be there in a jif!
Oh My !! Jenna is so beautiful! She is just perfect... I wish I could have been at her Christening to see her in person... I have been waiting to see this post !!! What great work you and Mike do, she is what every mom would dream for her baby to look like !!!
As far as the bottle problem, patience !!! Eventually you will find what makes her happy and she'll be fine. The anxiety until then stinks though!!
p.s. How big is Jenna now? In the picture with her "Godparents", she looks about 6 months old !!! Is it just the picture???
I think Jenna could be a model! How pretty she is. As for the bottle - it is frustrating and she can sense your frustration. It may be easier for her to take the bottle if it's Michael or someone else giving it to her and not you.
Thanks for all the compliments! Unfortunately it has been other people giving her the bottle. The latest is she will take the bottle but you need to keep using a variety of tricks- walking her around, putting the Mylacon dropper in her mouth so that she will start licking the dropper and then plop the bottle in her mouth. With these tricks she will get started, drink a half ounce and then spit it out. Then we have to start all over again.
Shan, You are doing a great job and don't you ever think otherwise. Jenna wants what every nursing baby does....her mommy. She doesn't understand weddings, birthdays or "my time" right now but she will "bend" eventually as she feels more and more like the world is an "okay" place to be but until then YOU are IT and that is okay, don't you ever feel different. (you ARE what makes her feel safe) You're doing a great job! Love Mom
She is beautiful. What a special day. Was she a good girl in church? Lauryn says DADA all the time but only says MAMA in the high chair when she wants food. So I agree with Grandma that they associate food with Mom. No matter what it sounds like you are doing a great job. Again I think Michaelyn has found another hidden talent in photography. God Bless Jenna. All my love. Aunt Barb
Post a Comment
<< Home